Terms and Conditions
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that references to we means The Credit Union and our subsidiaries and associates.
1. This Site is established in the Ireland (IE) in accordance with the laws of the IE and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of the IE and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree that the IE courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
2. We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. Information about some of the products and services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
4. Information about some of the products and services on this Site are subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Site that you visit.
5. We have given the information on the Site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgement at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly, you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
6. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
7. Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
8. Some of the pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites of business units, subsidiaries and associates of The Credit Union. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
9. Access to and use of this Site is at the user's own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any its contents.
10. The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
11. The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this Site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
12. Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.
Central Credit Register
The Central Credit Register has been set up by the Central Bank of Ireland under the Credit Reporting Act 2013.
The Central Credit Register is a national database that will, on request, provide:
• a borrower with an individual credit report detailing their credit agreements;
• a lender with comprehensive information to help with credit assessments; and
• the Central Bank with better insights into national trends in the provision of credit.
The Credit Reporting Act 2013 requires us to process your personal and credit information for the Central Credit Register. From 30 June 2017, we must submit personal information to the Central Credit Register that we may already have about you, like:
• your name;
• date of birth; and
• personal public service number (PPSN) – a very important piece of information for matching.
The Central Credit Register needs this information to make sure it accurately matches your loans, including loans that you may have with other lenders. Producing a full and accurate credit report is one of the main aims of the Central Credit Register. We will also submit credit information each month about your loans, if the loan is for €500 or more. Your loan information will be stored securely on the Central Credit Register where it will be used to create your credit report. The Central Credit Register will not calculate a score or grade for your credit report. Information will be kept on the Central Credit Register for five years after your loan is paid off.
In early 2018, credit reports became available from the Central Credit Register. You may request your report at any time and are entitled to one free report each calendar year. Lenders may only access your credit report:
• when considering an application for a new loan;
• if you ask to change the terms of a loan; or
• if they are reviewing a loan in arrears.
Employers, landlords, or any other person or entity cannot access your credit report without your written consent.
For more information click here
While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by the Credit Union, the nature of communication by the Internet is such that the Credit Union cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to the member passing over the Internet. In accessing the Credit Union Website and in availing of our services, the member accepts that electronic mail messaging may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use of the Credit Union's website is at the member's sole risk.